Hey there! I’ve been trying to stick to posting once a week with the hope that I could use the other 6 days of the week to focus on promoting posts and working on other aspects of my blog. Well…that hasn’t been going as planned. School started last week, and my summer of nothing (well, on the outside ‘nothing’) is over, and I have been thrusted full frontal into my senior year. I’ll probably write some sort of update post on that soon, but just know I’m ass deep in stuff haha. It’s all good though. Not feeling contained in the slightest by anything that I’m doing, and I’m really enjoying all of the lessons and experience I’m getting from all of this stuff.
Moving along though: this post isn’t about my life, it’s about the Versatile Blogger Tag that I was tagged by Amanda at The Next Seven Blog to do! You actually need to go read hers. This summer has put me in a different head space, and I am really coming to appreciate people who are able to step out of the confines of their comfort, see the world, and spread happiness where they can. She is doing that, and for that, she is a beautiful person. I am sure she is beautiful in many other ways, but I really admire what she is doing and wish her the best of luck!
In this tag, you are to share 7 facts about yourself and then tag a few other bloggers to do the same. Let’s get to it!
1. Right now, at this very moment, I am on a journey. This summer really spurred a drive to soak up all of the beauty the world has to offer, and become more connected with the world. This has spurred many decisions/lifestyle changes that are in progress. For example, I am going dairy free, want to eat more wholesome foods, and hope to spend my twenties traveling and working in different countries. If not, I want to work somewhere that takes a proactive approach in trying to make the world less of a shitty place.
2. I think I am an HSP (highly sensitive person). This idea was introduced to me by someone in my lab group. I hate very loud noises, “have a rich inner life,” get very frazzled when there is too much going on at once, and tend to veer away from extensive stimulation.
3. My favourite show is Daria. I like other shows a lot (Cartoon Network – older shows), but I have a soft spot for Daria. I’ve mentioned it a few times on my blog, and say it all the time. It’s great, and you should watch it. I will say though that season 5 isn’t as good as the other 4. It’s still worth a watch though. You can find it all on Hulu!
4. Corn, Potatoes, Peas, Hot Carrots = gag worthy. Carrots I can manage having hot if they’re in a soup or something, but I don’t like corn, I don’t like potatoes (but will eat them if I have to), and I don’t like green peas. You can imagine how much I hated side dishes that consisted of that nasty canned medley of corn, carrots, and peas…
5. Vanilla > chocolate. Sue me, but I prefer the last of vanilla to chocolate anything. I don’t know if it has to do with the sensitivity thing, but chocolate tends to be too rich tasting to me. Vanilla is sweet enough to satisfy sweet cravings, but not too overbearing. The only time chocolate may come close to vanilla is in the case of almond milk. Chocolate almond milk is sooooo good!
6. Elephants are lovely. Elephants are such beautiful creatures. They’re very symbolic to me: they’re so large in stature and possess so much power, yet they’re kind and caring. They mourn their dead, I think they look for those who are lost, and have fantastic memories. I wear an elephant necklace I got myself for my birthday a couple years ago every day.
7. If I could, I would dress in a sack. As time is going by, I am finding that I don’t really like buying things like clothes or makeup (hence the fact that my blog focus is shifting a little). If I could, I would wear nothing but airy baggy linen pants and shirts. Comfort is everything.