I haven’t had a face cream for a couple weeks, and really needed one. I was using the Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial ($48 at Sephora or on Sephora.com). I really liked that one, and think that over the course of its usage, it did really help to brighten up my skin and fade dark spots.
So why then do I have this new one, that is more expensive? The truth: I didn’t purchase this one because I didn’t like the Korres one. I actually really liked that one, and I think it helped out my skin tremendously.
What happened was…I couldn’t find the Korres display at the Sephora I was at, and I didn’t want to ask the people on the floor where it was. This is especially since the last time I went there I couldn’t find it either…so I was also frustrated and didn’t want to annoy myself again. No harm no foul though, because…
- Nice jar packaging, nice looking
- Fragranced, but very slightly. In comparison to the Korres Wild Rose Night Cream, this fragrance is extremely light. That one was heavily fragranced. Smelled like elderly floral perfume.
- Very light, and spreads easily across the face – a little goes a long way
- Absorbs into the skin very quickly. This point is usually a problem for me with other moisturizers. I have (or had?) oily skin, so I hate when moisturizers take a long time to absorb into the face, especially before I put my makeup on.
- $55 – bigger price tag than I’m used to. The cream I was using previously, the Korres Wild Rose cost $48 I believe, and lasted me maybe 3-3.5 months. I’ll have to see how long I can stretch this one out for
Waking up in the morning:
- Face didn’t have that weird film of oil and sebum or whatever it is. So, I guess that means that this is really light does in fact absorb well into the skin. See below…my face, bare naked and exposed
- Doesn’t feel oily under my makeup