Happy Monday everyone 😒 Can you sense the enthusiasm?
To relieve the misery that is the beginning of the week, I’d like to discuss some things that make me happy, or that have been at least. After enduring a long, class filled day, these things really help to wind me down. Maybe you’ll like them too?
TV & Other Entertainment
- Daria: Daria is an animated show which first aired in the late 90s about Daria Morgendorffer, me in animated form. But no, basically it follows her and her cynicism as she navigates through high school, her peers, and adults in the fictional suburb of Lawndale. It’s definitely not for everyone since the humor is pretty dry and sarcastic, but I love it. She is me. I am her.
- The Blacklist: I don’t even know how to describe the show so I’ll leave that up to you, but if you like government conspiracies, action, and lovable high profile criminals, this ones for you. It airs Thursday’s at 9 on NBC….watch it.
- B Horror Movies: there’s something about cheesy cliche horror flicks that I can’t help but love. I’ve found myself constantly tuning into one of these gems on Netflix or Hulu every time I’m bored.
- Banana, kale, and almond milk smoothies: they’re healthy and they taste good! What more can I say?
- Tea: tea is always great – it helps with sickness, has the potential to energize, can help put you to sleep, help your stomach along if you aren’t pooping….there’s so much! My favourites have been the Pumpkin Spice Brûlée from Teavana and Mango Black Tea from Trader Joe’s
- Ruby Kisses Maracuja Kiss Stick in Black Honey: I keep saying everyone’s sleeping on beauty supply makeup (but I low key hope people keep doing it so I’ll keep finding what I need when I want it)! These are honestly amazing. Great opaque colour without excessive shine, and fantastic moisture. Plus, they’re never more than $4. Win.
What little things help you all get through Monday?
✌🏾️ Courtenay ✌🏾️