As far as Marvel movies (and superhero movies for that matter) go, this was a breath of fresh air. It wasn’t your “characters have some vice and work through it virtuously to save the world” story, it was kind of an anti-hero movie…if that’s a thing…and I really enjoyed it.
First, I love how shady the whole movie was toward the X-Men universe (which Reynolds was in [Wolverine] and was displeased with the handling of his character), Marvel/superhero movies, and even Green Lantern. The little jabs sprinkled throughout the film killed me! Secondly, the sarcasm and other jokes directed at characters in the film were equally as funny, though I will say that some of the jokes were excessive and distasteful (rape/sexual assault/etc).
All in all, I thought it was an interesting and clever movie, and I’m excited to see what becomes of the Deadpool franchise (which I’m sure there will be).
My grade: 8/10
Go see it!
via @purplebuddhaproject on Instagram.
This is one of my absolute favourite accounts for daily inspiration! Plus, their organization is amazing. Check them out when you have the chance!
So, here’s the deal: I tried to start getting into the protective style game in December by wearing crochet braids
All was well, and they served their purpose, but alas the time came to take them down. Everything was fine until I chopped off the back of my hair cutting the hair out 🙃
I was devastated! That’s about 4.5 inches and 3 years of growth…gone! So here’s what I’m left with:
Overall, it isn’t too bad I guess since the rest of my hair came out okay, but I realized something else when I took it out: it’s not exactly growing anymore/it’s not any thicker
So I’m making a vow to grow heal their hair by protective styling for the next few months to a year, and paying better attention to the overall health of my hair. I think I’m good with everything except that my hair doesn’t have enough protein, and I need to do better with trimming my ends. I plan to protective style primarily through wearing wigs, but possibly also sew ins, and probably braids as well.
What have my naturals out there been doing to keep your hair healthy?
Happy Monday everyone 😒 Can you sense the enthusiasm?
To relieve the misery that is the beginning of the week, I’d like to discuss some things that make me happy, or that have been at least. After enduring a long, class filled day, these things really help to wind me down. Maybe you’ll like them too?
TV & Other Entertainment
- Daria: Daria is an animated show which first aired in the late 90s about Daria Morgendorffer, me in animated form. But no, basically it follows her and her cynicism as she navigates through high school, her peers, and adults in the fictional suburb of Lawndale. It’s definitely not for everyone since the humor is pretty dry and sarcastic, but I love it. She is me. I am her.
- The Blacklist: I don’t even know how to describe the show so I’ll leave that up to you, but if you like government conspiracies, action, and lovable high profile criminals, this ones for you. It airs Thursday’s at 9 on NBC….watch it.
- B Horror Movies: there’s something about cheesy cliche horror flicks that I can’t help but love. I’ve found myself constantly tuning into one of these gems on Netflix or Hulu every time I’m bored.
- Banana, kale, and almond milk smoothies: they’re healthy and they taste good! What more can I say?
- Tea: tea is always great – it helps with sickness, has the potential to energize, can help put you to sleep, help your stomach along if you aren’t pooping….there’s so much! My favourites have been the Pumpkin Spice Brûlée from Teavana and Mango Black Tea from Trader Joe’s
(Photo via wearethetea.com)
- Ruby Kisses Maracuja Kiss Stick in Black Honey: I keep saying everyone’s sleeping on beauty supply makeup (but I low key hope people keep doing it so I’ll keep finding what I need when I want it)! These are honestly amazing. Great opaque colour without excessive shine, and fantastic moisture. Plus, they’re never more than $4. Win.
What little things help you all get through Monday?
✌🏾️ Courtenay ✌🏾️
Remember to check out my INSTAGRAM| BLOGLOVIN| TWITTER