**Yes, I know. This posted on Tuesday….not Monday. I am testing something :)**
I forgot to do my eyebrows.
My face makeup melted off in the hot weather generated by Satan’s butthole.
My lipstick faded and my look is off now.
I look like I can fry an egg on my face.
I finished watching Big Hero Six and sobbed my eye makeup off. There are even complimentary tear streaks!
What are the above situations? All occurrences that have led me to start carrying a makeup bag. I’ve gone through days where elements of my face have been shot to oblivion due to a number of factors…and I had absolutely nothing to fix it.What a nightmare!
So what do I keep in my daily arsenal to help combat these makeup travesties? Let’s take a peak below:
My makeup bag may not be as packed as some other people, but that’s because for the most part my makeup stays. In addition, I try to keep things very minimal, so I don’t like carrying extra products that I know I will not use.
- L’oreal True Match Powder in W8 Creme Cafe
- Why? had a translucent powder in here before, but I started setting my face with it when I first apply my makeup as I like the finish it gives me more than skin coloured powder. When oils start to peak through during the day, and sweat becomes excessive, my makeup has the potential to deteriorate in certain places. When this happens (though it is rarely), I like to dust this pressed powder over my face to add some colour back into the mix where things may look splotchy.
- Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara
- Why? This was a favourite of mine for a few months. I pretty much never have problems with my eye makeup, but if I forget to apply mascara or some other related situation happens to pop up, this gives my lashes just the right amount of lift and separation I need. Plus, I have the travel size, so it’s perfectly sized to bring along everywhere.
- Jordana FabuBrow Eyebrow Pencil in 03 Dark Brown
- Why? Okay, storytime. So I had just finished an interview in the city over Winter Break, and decided to get my eyebrows threaded nearby. During the process, they wipe any makeup off on and surrounding your eyebrows, so of course my shaded in eyebrows and cover up were gone. My eyebrows looked great after the fact, but the skin around them was naked and so were my eyebrows. My whole look was thrown off! What could I do? Let me tell you: I hop, skipped, and jumped my way over to the nearest Duane Read and picked up this bad boy. I filled in my eyebrows immediately after purchasing the pencil, neatly brushed them into place, and went about my business with my eyebrows once again restored to greatness. This pencil has been a lifesaver on those rare VERY rushed mornings where either I couldn’t spare a few minutes to apply my makeup, or I flat out forgot to do my eyebrows. The pencil itself is neither too soft nor too hard, and the small brush on the cap helps keep all of the hairs in place.
- ColouPop Cosmetics Lippie Stick in Pitch
- I like carrying this “blackened chocolate brown” lip pencil to help make my lighter nudes and oranges more wearable, or to wear on its own as a nice evening lip colour. It’s extremely pigmented, very soft, super blendable, and inexpensive! Perfect combo if you ask me.
- Grab bag lip product
- I always keep whatever lip product I am wearing that day in my bag so that I can reapply it when necessary. Usually, it will be my “Nude Rose” or “Extreme Coral” Kiss Matte Lipstick, my NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in “Abu Dhabi” or “London,” or one of the nude shades of the BH Cosmetics Aqua Nude Lip Glosses.
- DragonPad Small Flat Top Kabuki Brush
- To be honest, I’m probably going to switch this brush out for another one. I’m not a fan of how this applies my powders, even for on the go purposes.
- BH Cosmetics Blotting Sheets
- I honestly got these as a way to bring the price of my cart up to the minimum for free shipping >.< (sue me), but they’ve come in really handy! Oil blotting sheets are only supposed to remove oil though, not makeup. Whenever I use these both tend to come off on the sheet. I don’t know if that has more to do with the sheets, or my makeup application. Regardless, my makeup looks pretty good by the time my day is finished anyway.
- Neutrogena Makeup Removing Wipes
- I got these so that i could get cash back at a store, but I figured that they were good to keep in case I ever had to wipe off my makeup for any reason. C’est la vie!
- Arm & Hammer Essentials Deodorant
- I keep this juuuuuust in case the pity pits decide they want to be funky. This deodorant is pretty natural, and is formulated without aluminum or parabens. I like this one (Fresh) because it smells like lemons! If you are not a fan of scents, this also comes in an unscented version.
- Always Clean Wipes
- Gotta keep the kitty clean ladies. Sometimes you just need to freshen her up, you know?
- Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Swivel Stick
- I’ve been using these since elementary school since my mother used them, and I LOVE them. First, they last forever. They’re huge. Secondly, not only can this be used as chapstick (which is primarily what I use it for), but it can also be applied to other areas of the body like elbows to moisturize or used to help fade dark spots over time. Lastly, it smells great. What’s not to love?
- Hand Cream
- Right now, I’m using the Vaseline Intensive Care Essential Healing Cream. It’s a so so hand cream. I got it on the way to work after I ran out of my H2O Seaweed Hand Cream. I’ll probably try out the Manuka Lab Hand and Nail Cream I got when I visited Caravan Style Studio next. Who wants to be ashy? Not me…
Well, that’s all for now folks! What do you all keep in your makeup bags? Do you clump your essentials along with your makeup? Or do you have a separate “kit” for things like hand lotion, perfume, etc…