It’s the summer, I’m interning Monday through Friday….9-5…..there’s no time in the morning for a glammed up face.
Or is there?
Yes! Yes, there is. My makeup routine this summer takes no more than 7-10 minutes, it lasts all day, and it looks fabulous. Did I mention it withstands 90 degree weather, humidity, and rain?
So what products make up this magical face you ask? Take a look below!
*Before I apply any of the products shown, I always moisturize and prime
- 1) Kiss NY Aqua BB Cream in Medium – I squeeze a penny sized amount of this on the back of my hand, then use my Real Techniques Buffing Brush to buff and blend the product into my skin. When I want a tad bit of a lighter coverage, I will use my E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush to blend everything in. If you click here, you can see what it looks like freshly applied.
- 2) I then use my Dragonpad Small Fluffy Brush to apply the L’oreal Infallible Pro Matte Powder in 700 Classic Tan all over my face to set everything and keep my makeup in place for the day.
- 3) Benefit Watt’s Up Highlighter – I apply this right from the tube onto the high points of my cheeks and blend it out with the Blush brush from DragonPad.
- 4) LA Girl Pro Concealer in Dark Cocoa or Black Radiance Pressed Powder in Rich Mahogany is what I use next to apply my contour. I don’t use both, either or. My pressed powder was ruined by Delta Airlines (yes I’m still mad), so I’ve been using the concealer. When I do, I use this dual fiber angled brush from Amazon to blend it out.
- 5) Eyeshadow. I’m not really precise about this step. I’ll take any colour, but more likely than not a gold, copper, or other neutral shade, from my Lorac Pro palette or the BH Cosmetics Wild Child Palette. I’ll honestly just take my finger, rub it in the shadow, and rub it across my eyelid.
- 6) I then take my Loreal Miss Manga mascara and apply this to my lashes, along with 7) my Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara. I detail my “lash routine” in this post.
- 8) Lastly, I use any old brown brow pencil to fill in my brows. Nothing special there, I just pencil them in as naturally as I can.
At the end of it all, this is the look I usually end up with:
Bonus: I set my face with the L’oreal Infallible Makeup Extender Spray to keep everything in place for the day!
Here’s a recap of all of the products: