The cat eye can be a difficult thing to master, but with practice, you’ll be drawing your own like a pro in no time!
Before the pictures, I just have a couple tips:
• If you are beginning, it might be a little easier to use a gel or cream liner since the consistencies are thicker, and you usually have more control with the brush you use. Just be mindful of how much product you load on your brush
• It also helps if you are beginning to rest your elbow on a flat surface when drawing your lines so that you have a much steadier hand
• Don’t start out with a super wing if you’re just beginning. Try drawing a smaller “flick” so that it’s not extra dramatic.
• Try drawing your base line in smaller lines and then connect them as you go. This lessens the room for error.
Onto the pictures!
* Disclaimer: I don’t have a nice camera at this point, so I have to rely on my iPhone*
• Naked lids!
• Start drawing small lines across the base of your lid. Try to stay as close to your lash line as possible
• Continue drawing those small lines, and then connect them across your lid
• Now you have your base line
• Draw a line from the end of your top lash line, and extend it outward. The steeper, or more toward the tail of your brow you go, the steeper the wing will be. The farther from the tail of your eyebrow, the flatter.
• Draw a line from the top of the previous line to the base line. The closer you put the line to the outer portion of your eye, the thinner the wing. The closer you put the line to the inner portion of you eye, the fatter it will be.
• After you draw that line, you just fill it in with your liner, and voila! You’re done.
You can also do this in the reverse by beginning with the wing, and then drawing the base line. Basically, you would just do steps 4-6 before the first few.
• Also: you can make the wing as short or long as you want. I just prefer it this length •
Please comment and let me know if this was helpful, or what I can include/leave out to make it more clear!