Hey everyone! It’s time for…..2014 Favourites! Here are products I’ve gravitated toward time and time again during the year, and will most likely continue to use going into 2015:
1) L.A. Girl Pro Concealer: I love this concealer because it is opaque, and a little goes SUCH a long way. I don’t wear foundation, so having a good concealer on hand is very important for me. I love that this brand of concealers comes in SO many different shades and undertones, and that you can use so many of the shades across the board. For example, for regular concealing, I am able to use the shades Toast, Chestnut, and Beautiful Bronze. For highlighting, I’ve gone as “natural” as Fawn, and as extreme as Warm Honey, Toffee, and Medium Beige. All in all, the shade selection is amazing in my opinion, the finish is pretty natural, and you can get them as low as $2.50! What’s not to love?
2) E.L.F. Liquid Eyeliner: I’ve mentioned this eyeliner on here a couple of times already, but I can’t help it. It’s my favourite eyeliner ever. It’s inexpensive, clocking in at only $1, and it dries to a nice matte finish without being too dull. The brush is just right, and allows enough control without being too stiff. Plus, it lasts a decent amount of time, so you’re not not getting the $1 worth. All in all, it allows for the perfect eyeliner application, and it makes drawing a cat eye effortless. Oh yeah, did I mention it’s only a dollar?
3) Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade: I’ve had this stuff since the beginning of 2014…and it still hasn’t run out. I’m not even kidding! I bought this January 2014 and I’m still not done with it, or near being finished. A little goes SUCH a long way! Plus, my eyebrows don’t go anywhere when I use this. What really did it for me was seeing how it worked at my job over the summer. I worked at a recreational day camp from 7:30 in the morning to 6 in the evening, and I had to swim every day. Did my eyebrows ever budge? Nope!! They Never. Went. Anywhere. All in all, this product can be a little pricey for some people at $18 a pop, but for the no smudge – no budge, I’d say it’s worth it.
4) E.L.F. Mineral Infused Face Primer: It’s not pictured because I ran out, but this is my go to face primer. It’s only $6 a bottle, and it works pretty well in my opinion. First, the packaging is great. It comes in a nice, simple bottle, and it comes with a pump that allows good control over the product. Next, since it’s a silicone based primer, it is very smooth to the touch. It glides onto the face very easily, and makes makeup go on a lot smoother. Plus, for me at least, I think it helps with makeup removal as well since it forms a nice barrier between your face and your makeup. All in all, I’d say it’s worth a try! Plus, E.L.F. now has this primer in other colours: Tone Correcting Green, Brightening Lavender, and Radiant Glow.
5) Raw African Black Soap: As I’ve mentioned before, I’ve been using this stuff for the past 6 months now, and the amount that I ordered still hasn’t finished. It’s 100% natural, so it doesn’t irritate my skin in any sort of way (not that I usually have problems, since my skin is not sensitive). My skin has been essentially blemish free since I’ve started using this soap, and I don’t think I’ll ever need another cleanser as long as this keeps working the way it has been. I recommend this to people with sensitive skin, since it doesn’t contain any chemicals or anything. All in all, this is one of my holy grail skin products…actually, it’s my only holy grail skin products, but that’s beside the point. I love this stuff and see no reason to ever use anything different.
6) Garden of Life Raw Meal (Vanilla): It’s about $40 a container, but I really like this stuff and I honestly feel a difference in my body when I drink this once a day versus when I don’t for long periods of time. It’s all organic and has a bunch of good foods, probiotics, and vitamins and minerals in it that make you feel great from the inside 🙂 It’s not the best tasting, but I have found that blending it with milk and banana (and cutting the serving down to one scoop) makes it taste a lot better.
7) Sour Patch Kids: Honestly, I don’t know what to say for this one. I just really liked Sour Patch Kids this year. All types. I don’t even really like candy, but there’s just something about these…
What products did you all enjoy this year? Looking forward to using anything in 2015?